Engineering Drawing and Design, Seventh Edition, prepares students for drafting careers in modem, technology-intensive industries. Technical drafting, like all technical areas, is constantly changing; the computer has revolutionized the way in which drawings and parts are made. This new edition translates the most current technical information available into the most useful for both instructor and student. The book covers graphic communication, CAD, functional drafting, material representation, shop processes, geometric tolerancing, true positioning, numerical control, electronic drafting, and metrication. The authors synthesize, simplify, and convert complex drafting standards and procedures into understandable instructional units.
Like previous editions, this one is at the cutting edge of drafting and computer technologies. Because board-drafting skills are rapidly being replaced by computer-aided drafting (CAD), this edition provides an enhanced view of CAD while adhering to current ASME, ANSI, CSA, and ISO standards. Drafters must be knowledgeable about CAD and about international standards, for design files can now be electronically transmitted across borders, or around the world.
The reader will find that this book helps build basic skills. It also supplies the technical knowledge required in today’s marketplace.
- Knowing and Applying Drawing Standards. A drawing made in the United States must meet the requirements set out in various ASME drawing standards publications. Also, if a firm is involved in international marketing and manufacturing, ISO guidelines (or other standards, such as Canadian drawing standards) must be strictly followed. Drafters will be pleased to see that this book not only covers these standards but also shows how to interpret and apply them. For example, the coverage of geometric tolerancing and true position is more comprehensive than in any other drafting text on the market today.
- Knowing Manufacturing Materials and Their Processes. The authors bring together and explain the manufacturing materials that are available for engineering design. They describe the manufacturing processes that influence the shape, appearance, and design of the product.
- Knowing Fastening Methods. The correct fastening device plays a very important role in the cost, design, and appearance of a product. Readers can learn about various types of fasteners, both permanent and removable, that are currently available.
- Providing All the Necessary Information to Complete the Design. The numerous assignments help the reader gain practice. These assignments can be completed with the help of a variety of Appendix tables reflecting real- world applications.
- Unit Approach in Teaching the Subject Matter. The text’s unit approach makes it possible for instructors to put together a customized program of instruction that suits the needs of their students and local industry.
Part 1. Basic drawing and design
Chapter 1. Engineering Graphics as a Language
Chapter 2. Computer-Aided Drawing (CAD)
Chapter 3. Drawing Media, Filing, Storage, and Reproduction
Chapter 4. Basic Drafting Skills
Chapter 5. Applied Geometry
Chapter 6. Theory of Shape Description
Chapter 7. Auxiliary Views and Revolutions
Chapter 8. Basic Dimensioning
Chapter 9. Sections
Part 2. Fasteners, materials, and forming processes
Chapter 10. Threaded Fasteners
Chapter 11. Miscellaneous Types of Fasteners
Chapter 12. Manufacturing Materials
Chapter 13. Forming Processes
Part 3. Working drawings and design
Chapter 14. Detail and Assembly Drawings
Chapter 15. Pictorial Drawings
Chapter 16. Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
Chapter 17. Drawings for Numerical Control
Chapter 18. Welding Drawings
Chapter 19. Design Concepts
Part 4. Power transmissions
Chapter 20. Beits, Chains, and Gears
Chapter 21. Couplings, Bearings, and Seals
Chapter 22. Cams, Linkages, and Actuators
Part 5. Special fields of drafting
Chapter 23. Developments and Intersections
Chapter 24. Pipe Drawings
Chapter 25. Structural Drafting
Chapter 26. Jigs and Fixtures
Chapter 27. Electrical and Electronics Drawings
Appendix—Standard Parts and Technical Data
Enlaces Públicos de descarga